advertisements
1 . The ri ce is cooked more quickl y in a pressure cooker because :
[ A ]    water boils at a higher temperature under pressure right
[ B ]    it is covered
[ C ]    less quantity of water is used
[ D ]    none of the above
Answer : Option A
Explanation :
Higher the atmospheri c pressure higher i s the boil ing point of a substance. That’s what exactly happens inside a pressure cooker. Due to the large amount of water vapour produced inside the cooker while cooking the pressure inside the cooker becomes very high (even higher than atmospheric pressure). Thus, the boiling point of water inside the cooker becomes very high. The temperature of a substance does not increase after reaching its boiling point. When we cook something in air (under the atmospheric pressure) water easily attains its b.p. of 100°C after which its temperature doesn’t ri se. Thus, the f ood is cooked at maximum 100°C. But i ns i de the pressure cooker where the water has very higher boiling point than 100°C, the food is cooked at higher temperature, thereby making it cook faster
Workspace Report error

advertisements
Write your comments here:
Name *: Email:

Exercise

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/ibpsa/public_html/ssconlineexam.com/app/view/user/forum.html on line 403

© 2014 - 2015 by ssconlineexam.com . All Rights Reserved | Copyright | Terms of Use & Privacy Policy

Contact us: info@ssconlineexam.com     Follow us on twitter!

DMCA.com Protection Status