gk (general knowledge) questions and answers MCQ for for all competitive exams UPSC IAS IPS Prelims, SSC CGL ,SSC CHSL general Awareness CTET, UGC NET
1. In what year did the Symantec Corporation first release Norton Antivirus?
2. Radio telescopes are better than optical telescopes because
They can detect faint galaxies which no optical telescope can
They can work even in cloudy conditions
They can work during the day and night
All of the above
3. A moving coil instrument can be used to measure
High frequency alternating current
Low frequency alternating current
Direct current and alternating current both
4. In an atomic nucleus, neutrons and protons are held together by
5. The formula C6H5-CO-CH3 represents
6. Open circuit test on transformer measures
Impedance and insulation resistance
Eddy current loss
7. The property of a substance to absorb moisture from the air on exposure is called
8. Pencil 'lead' is made up of
9. In certain diseases antibiotics are administered. The object is
Inhibit the growth of bacteria
Produce toxins against bacteria
Stimulate production of white blood cells for fighting the disease
Stimulate production of antibodies
10. CORN FLAKES - Who made them first?
11. Which of the following is used as a moderator in nuclear reactor?
12. For what does the world owe Almon Strowger a debt of gratitude?
Automatic Telephone Exchanges
13. The normal threshold of hearing is around
14. The planet which is farthest from the Sun is
15. What item, originally called the 'Whirlwind', was invented by Ives McGaffey in 1869?