SSC CGL Tier 1 :: English Comprehension EC Test 56

English Comprehension » EC Test 56 » General Questions - Discussion

[ A ]    The train
    [ B ]    The porter right
    [ C ]    The passenger
    [ D ]    Milk churns
    1 .

After passage, you will find several questions based on the passage. First read a passae, and then answer the questions based on it. You are required to select your answers based on the content of the passage and opinion of the author only.

While I stood drinking in he beauty of this placid scene I became conscious of an alteration. In a moment the sole porter emerged from his midday nap, operated a signal that clanked noisily into position, and then ambled slowly towards me for my return-halfticket, whilst I remarked that his red amiable face and easygoing gait were in perfect harmony with the tranquil surroundings. A wisp of smoke on the horizon with a dark snake crawling beneath it announced the approach of the train. As it drew nearer, the deep silence of the place was gradually displaced by a creaking of brakes and a hissing of steam. Save for myself, no one entered the train and no one alighted. The porter with leisurely expertness, trundled a couple of milk churns on board, the door was slammed, the guard signalled to the driver, and we moved off, leaving the small station once more to its drowsy silence
    Who/what does first break the silence of the station ?

Answer : Option B
    Explanation :
    The author mentions a reference to the porter by operated a signal that clanked noisily into position
    Workspace Report error
    Write your comments here:
    Name *: Email:

Copyright 2018 | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Contact us | Advertise

@ Jenisys Systems Pvt Ltd