gk (general knowledge) questions and answers MCQ for for all competitive exams UPSC IAS IPS Prelims, SSC CGL ,SSC CHSL general Awareness CTET, UGC NET
946. How many bits is a byte?
947. What is the name of the CalTech seismologist who invented the scale used to measure the magnitude of earthquakes?
948. Voltage is sometimes referred to as EMF, or Electromotive?
949. What Enrico Fermi invented?
950. On a stationary sail boat, air is blown from a fan attached to the boat. The boat
Moves in opposite direction in which the air is blown
Does not move
Moves in the same direction in which air blows
951. Who was the first person to patent the JET ENGINE?
952. When cream is separated from milk
The density of milk increases
It becomes more viscous
The density of milk remains unchanged
The density of milk decreases
953. Primary phloem develops from
954. Plants receive their nutrients mainly from
955. The length of wire having resistance of 1 ohm/m in a heater rated at 1000 W and 250 V will be
956. Sulphur is not present in
957. Which of the following rays are more penetrating?
958. Planets do not twinkle because
They emit light of a constant intensity
Their distance from the earth does not change with time
They are nearer to earth and hence we receive a greater amount of light and, therefore minor variations in the intensity are not noticeable
They are very far away from the earth resulting in decrease in intensity of light
959. Kilohertz is a unit which measures
Power used by a current of one ampere
Electromagnetic radio wave frequencies
960. Which is the future fuel?