gk (general knowledge) questions and answers MCQ for for all competitive exams UPSC IAS IPS Prelims, SSC CGL ,SSC CHSL general Awareness CTET, UGC NET
16. Which of the following is not a valid domain name?
17. Night blindness is caused by the deficiency of
18. Logarithm tables were invented by
19. Who invented Gunpowder?
G. Ferdinand Von Zeppelin
Sir Frank Whittle
Leo H Baekeland
20. Solar eclipse will take place when
The earth is between the moon and the sun
The moon does not lie on the line joining the sun and the earth
The sun is between the moon and the earth
The moon is between the sun and the earth
21. Rain water helps to increase the _________ to some extent.
22. How many teeth does a normal adult dog have?
23. What is an FET?
French Energy Transfer
Field Effect Transformer
Field Effect Transistor
Farad Effect Transformer
24. If force is expressed in Newton and the distance in metre, then the work done is expressed in
Kg wt m
25. When was the first elevator built?
26. Inside an aeroplane, flying at a high altitude
The pressure is the same as that outside
The pressure inside is less than the pressure outside
Normal atmospheric pressure is maintained by the use of air pumps
Normal humidity and partial vacuum are maintained
27. Rainbow is produced when sunlight fall on drops of rain. Which of the following physical phenomena are responsible for this? I. Diffusion II. Refraction III. Internal reflection
I and II
I and III
I, II and III
II and III
28. What is not always necessary for accessing the Web?
A Web browser
A connection to an Internet Access Provider
29. When were blue jeans invented?
30. What does the abbreviation http stand for?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol""
Hindustan Times Technical Professionals
Harvard Teletext Proof
Hypertext Transfer Protocol