gk (general knowledge) questions and answers MCQ for for all competitive exams UPSC IAS IPS Prelims, SSC CGL ,SSC CHSL general Awareness CTET, UGC NET
61. Stars which appear single to the naked eye but are double when seen through a telescope are
Novas and supernovas
62. The most common format for a home video recorder is VHS. VHS stands for?
Voltage house standard
Very high speed
Video Home System
Video horizontal standard
63. Out of the following, which is not emitted by radioactive substance?
64. Light Emitting Diodes (LED) is used in fancy electronic devices such as toys emit
65. If the potential difference across a parallel plate air capacitor is increased, the electric field intensity between the plates will increase
Double the proportion
As square root of the change
As square of the change
In same proportion
66. For over 500 years, paper was only available and sold as single sheets. In 1902, an inventive Australian used half size sheets of paper, a bit of glue and cardboard to create the what?
67. Which of the following gases is not a noble gas?
68. N2 content is kept constant in the biosphere due to
Absorption of N2
69. Which is not an internet protocol?
70. Light Year is related to
71. '.BAK' extension refers usually to what kind of file?
MS Encarta document
72. Device used to rectify farsightedness is
73. Where was the yo-yo invented?
74. FROZEN FOOD - Who discovered the first practical method of freezing food?
75. Who invented Airship (rigid)?
Dr. Alan M. Turing
G. Ferdinand Von Zeppelin